Every dancer will agree–no matter how many recitals you’ve performed in, you somehow always manage to forget something important. So, to help you make sure you’ve got everything you need for your upcoming recital, we’ve put together a recital must-have checklist!
- Extra tights: It’s always good to have an extra set of tights on hand in case your first set get a run or get dirt all over them somehow. Plus, if one of your friends forgot their tights, you could save the day with your spare set!
- Bandaids: Between quick changes and rehearsals, a lot of things could go wrong! It’s not a bad idea to keep a mini first-aid kit in your makeup case, or at least some bandaids.
- Hangers & garment bags: There’s nothing worse than not being able to find a critical part of your costume right before you’re about to go onstage! Avoid stress by organizing your costumes on hangers inside garment bags as soon as you get to your dressing room–you’ll thank yourself during that two-number quick change!
- Safety pins: Let’s face it–costumes don’t always hold up. Having said that, it’s smart to keep a handful of safety pins in your makeup case for any last-minute repairs or alterations.
- Snacks: Recitals are long and exhausting! It’s important to make sure that you’ve got a variety of snacks in your bag so you can maintain your energy levels and avoid fatigue.
- Baby Wipes: Your makeup looks might vary between dances. Baby wipes are great for quickly removing your lipstick or even your full face of makeup between routines.
- Clear nail polish: If you get a small run in your tights and don’t have an extra pair, clear nail polish will stop it from getting bigger.
- Makeup: Recital days are long! Chances are, you’re going to have to reapply your makeup throughout the day. Make sure you bring all your essentials–eyelash glue, lipstick, blush. You never know what you might need!
- Camera: Dance recitals make the best memories! Be sure to bring a camera so you can document the show with your friends 🙂
Did we miss anything? What’s on your dance recital packing list? Let us know in the comments section below!